Relevant retail Experience: 5 – 10 years
The person in this role is expected to perform the following activities on day to day basis:
lead teams from multiple sub-groups managing operations, client communications, teams, business development initiatives, and analytical solutions. In this role, the Manager will need to evaluate team members on their performance, troubleshoot typical analytical problems with the team, do hands-on deliveries and coding when team gets struck, and even back-fill for missing team-members during their long leaves or transitions. The person who will justify this role should be able to ramp-up fast on business and technology aspects, very articulate, innovative and should have a structured approach towards problem solving. Hands-on work- coding, dash-boarding, business presentations, analytical modelling should be regularly expected based on business requirements.
On the personal front, the person should be highly self-motivated, hard-working, articulate, passionate towards new solution building and able to lead, motivate, drive and at the same time handle multiple teams across subgroups and work with multiple stakeholders across legal, finance, pricing, marketing, and sales teams. Educational Criteria: Masters in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/Econometric from Tier 1 institutions Or BE/B-Tech, MCA or MBA from Tier 1 institutions – Preferred
- Strong domain knowledge and thought leadership in retail domain (excl. Banks)
- The ideal candidate would be adept at understanding customers’s business challenges and define appropriate analytics approach to design solution
- Should be able to convert mathematical/ statistics-based research/ academic literature into sustainable data science solutions
- Candidate should be able to think from first principles to define & evangelize solutions for any business problem
- This is a hands-on role and will be required to manage day to day delivery activities and guide the team in executing analytics projects by analyzing large volume of data
- Research and bring innovations to develop next generation solutions in core functional areas related to Promotion Effectiveness, Forecasting with detrending methods, Digital Marketing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Campaign Management & Data Insights etc
- Ideal candidate should have hands on experience on SQL, hive, Tableau/Qlik-view dashboard development, Statistical modelling, Machine Learning tools – R, python, AWS ML etc.
- Provide technical thought leadership, coaching and mentorship in the field of data science in working with engineering and other cross functional teams
- He / She would also be responsible for creating Business & technical presentations, reports etc. to present the analysis findings to the end clients and for business development
- This role requires excellent communication skills. Additionally, should also possess the ability to confidently socialize business recommendations and enable customer organization to execute such recommendations.
Technical Experience: (not all technical exposures are expected from one individual)
- Multiple linear regression, Logistic regression, ARIMA/ARIMAX
- Clustering, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Support Vector Machine, Naïve Bayes, GBM, PCA
- Optimization techniques (Single objective/multi objective), simulation, pymc3, GMM, GLM
- Recommender Systems (MF, ALS, Deep Learning) – collaborative/ content filtering
- Model automation and simulations, MMX, price elasticity models, CLTV, Assortment Optimization
- Sound understanding of mathematics like probability theory, differential calculus, Laplace and Furrier transformations etc
- Tools: R, Python, SQL, SAS, hyve, spark, big data, Experience in processing large amount of data using
- BigData technologies, Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA, Knowledge of any visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, Power BI etc.
Functional/Domain Experience: Retail Domain, E-Commerce